Registration continues through July 13 for Camp Warrior, slated for July 24-27. The camp is free for dependents of deployed Soldiers and costs $145 for dependents of non-deployed Soldiers (all or a portion of AFC SKIES benefits may be applied, if funds are available). The camp is open to Family members of active-duty military, DoD civilians, Fort Polk contractors and active Guard or Reserve, currently enrolled in grades six-12 and registered as Child Youth and School Services members. Registration is held at CYSS Parent Central Services, bldg 400, on Radio Road. For more information call 531-1955. The parent meeting is held July 20 from 5-6 p.m. at the Siegfried Youth Center.
Family Morale, Welfare and Recreation offers activities for Soldiers and their Families. For more information on these activities call 531-2056. They are:
• A cross country run is held Wednesday at Honor Field at 6:30 a.m. Registration is held from 6-6:20 a.m. prior to the race. This event is open to authorized FMWR users.
• An incrediball tournament is held July 9 beginning at 5:30 p.m. at the Soldier Athletic Complex. Teams must register by July 6 and consist of 14 players and one coach. The tournament is open to all authorized FMWR users age 18 and older.
Protestant Women of the Chapel meet Tuesday at 9:30 a.m. at the Main Post Chapel. Free child care is provided. For more information email Polk@PWOC.org or visit them on Facebook.
Fort Polk’s Gospel Service hosts a community barbecue at Glory Chapel Sunday from noon-2 p.m. Soldiers residing in barracks are welcome.
Youth can participate in Anti-Bullying Self Defense Martial Arts Hyper Workshops during the summer. Dates are Monday through June 29 and July 16-20. The workshops are held from 10-11 a.m. for ages 6-8 and 11 a.m.-noon for ages 9-12. Cost is $50 per participant each week. The workshop is located at Siegfried Youth Center. Registration is ongoing at Parent Central Services, bldg 400. Youth must be registered with Child. Youth and School For details call 531-1955.
The 25-meter pool is open. Hours are 6:30-7:30 a.m. for physical training swim; 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. for lap swim; Tuesdays through Fridays, 1-7 p.m. for open swim; and Saturdays and Sundays, noon-7 p.m. for open swim.
The pool is located on 10th Street behind the Staff Judge Advocate offices and is closed Mondays for maintenance.
Call 531-1988 for more information.
Fort Polk’s Warrior Hills Golf Course offers the following golfing opportunities:
• The July Commanding General’s Monthly Golf Scramble is held July 6 at 12:30 p.m. for all four-person teams. The $20 per golfer entry includes greens fee, cart, food and prizes. In addition to door prizes, there will be prizes for the top four teams and a prize for the longest drive.
Hixson Autoplex of Leesville is sponsoring a hole in one on all par 3s with a chance to win a 24-month lease on a 2011 Ford F150 Supercab XLT on hole 12 and other great prizes on holes 17, 5 and 7. Space is limited to the first 36 teams. Registration on tournament day will be $25, so reserve your team's spot today.
After the tournament, at the 19th hole, stick around for a cold beverage and a hamburger. Golfers will play in eight-somes. Each team will keep the other's scorecard.
• Ladies are invited to play golf Thursdays at 5 p.m., nine holes for $5. The price includes cart rental. Groups and pairings will be decided by the pro shop. All skill levels are welcome. Call 531-1982 for more information.
• Wednesday scrambles continue through September. Teams are awarded prizes and points weekly. Points are tallied at the end of the season to determine a grand prize winner. Registration takes place Wednesdays from 4:30-4:50 p.m. and play begins at 5 p.m. in a shotgun format. Cost is $20 per player per week. The pro shop will determine teams and all skill levels are invited to play.
For more information call 531-1982.
The Department of Defense funds Sittercity memberships for Army Families. Sittercity helps Families find care givers for school holidays, holiday travel, holiday parties, last minute needs, pet sitting, senior care, tutoring and housekeeping. To access your paid membership, go to www.sitter-city.com/DoD.